Your holiday may have taken months to plan. Ensure your investment in minutes for non-refundable losses with a travel insurance policy.
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance can protect against the loss of non-refundable travel costs, such as airfare, hotel and tour expenses. Other types of travel insurance offers protection against losses due to medical emergencies, damage to personal property and even a death, which may occur away from home while on holiday.
Major Types of Travel Insurance
- Trip cancellation – Reimburses you for pre-paid travel expenses if you are not able to take your trip because you or a family member becomes ill or dies
- Travel delay – Reimburses you for pre-paid expenses if you are not able to take your trip because of a travel delay, such as a flight delay or cancellation
- Trip interruption – Reimburses you for pre-paid expenses if your trip is cut short because you, or a family member, become ill or die, or because of any other misfortune listed in the policy, such as bad weather, airline strikes, terrorism, bankruptcy or fire or flood damage to your home
- Medical/Health – Reimburses you for medical and emergency dental expenses that you have because of an illness or injury while you are travelling
- Medical evacuation – Provides emergency transport to take you either to a hospital in the geographic region where you are or for transport back to a hospital near your home
- Accidental death –Covers death or dismemberment at any time during a trip
- Luggage loss – Reimburses you for lost, stolen or damaged personal items, but usually does not cover personal items that may be lost or damaged by an airline—be sure to review the policy for the list of property that would not be covered
- Hire car damage – Reimburses you for damage or loss to a rental vehicle
For more useful articles and resources, please join our mailing list: